The parties to this agreement are: UroFX Limited (hereinafter referred to as "UroFX" or the Firm"), company number 08591608, and the client(s) who has⁄have either completed the registration form or agreed to these terms and conditions electronically (hereinafter referred to as "the Client")
These terms and conditions govern the money transfer services provided to you by UroFX Ltd of Suite 14 Central Chambers, The Broadway, London W5 2NR (also referred to as the "Firm")
Our head office address is:
Suite 14 Central Chambers, The Broadway, London W5 2NR.
Tel: 0208 133 8993
We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (Reg: 612112) for the provision of payment services.
For simplicity we will refer to ourselves and our branches and agents as "the Firm" or "we⁄our⁄us".
We operate a money transmission service which you will use to send and to receive money transfers. Our money transfers can be sent and picked up at most locations worldwide. You may call the number listed above for the address and business hours of nearby locations. Some locations are open 24 hours a day. The main characteristics of the payment services which we may provide to you are as follows:
- Retail money remittance service: a money transfer service for a sending customer where a remittance payment is made to a named receiving customer, normally in another country, and where the transaction size is less than £5,000 (money may be received in cash or in a bank account);
- High value money transfer service: a money transfer service for a sending customer where a remittance payment is made to a named receiving customer, normally in another country, and where the transaction size is £5,000 or more;
- Foreign Exchange plus onward transfer: provision of currency exchange for a customer plus onward transmission of funds for a payment purpose.
Money transfers will normally be paid out by transfer to the recipient's bank account, but some payment service providers in the receiving location will pay by cheque or a combination of cash and cheque. All payments are subject to availability, the payee showing documentary evidence of their identity and providing all details about the money transfer required by us as set out in these Terms and Conditions and including, without limitation, the name of the payer, country of origin, name of the payee, the payment amount, transaction control identification number and any other conditions or requirements which we consider necessary or applicable at the payee payment location. They may, in addition, be obtained by contacting us using the contact details set out in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions or by checking our Website.
- We are agreeing to provide you with a money transfer service. We do not accept any responsibility for any goods or services which may be paid for by a money transfer (or any taxes, charges or duties payable thereon). You are cautioned against sending money to any person you do not know. You bear the risk of your intended payee failing to pick up the payment after it has been transferred to the correct destination.
- UroFX buys and sells currency for commercial purposes. It cannot trade with the Client if the Client is seeking to profit by pure speculation on currency movements without having a genuine reason for wanting to exchange currency. In addition, UroFX can only trade with a Client if the Client has the capacity and authority to trade and is acting on its own account and not on behalf of others.
- Whilst UroFX may provide information about currency markets and related matters, it does not and will not provide advice. Any decision made to buy⁄sell currency is made wholly independently of UroFX.
- All currency trades and payment transfers that UroFX undertakes will only be on the basis of these Terms and Conditions and the other documentation referred to therein.
- If UroFX reasonably believes that instructions are from the Client, the Client agrees that UroFX may accept the instructions as being genuine whether or not they are actually from the Client and the Client authorises UroFX to act on those instructions. If there is more than one individual who can issue instructions on behalf of the Client, the Client agrees that UroFX may accept instructions from such individual as sufficient authority to bind the Client to any set of instructions given under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Client will on the completion of the registration process be allocated a unique identifier known as the Client’s account number. This should be used in all communications by the Client with UroFX and kept confidential and secure by the Client.
Telephone conversations may be recorded with or without advance notice or warning being given and such recordings or transcripts thereof may be used as evidence of contracts entered into, in relation to disputes and for ongoing quality control programmes. If we make any recordings or transcripts we may also destroy them as we considers appropriate.